I am passionate about building people by harnessing the strengths of individuals and enabling them to reach their full potential. I believe that self-awareness is the key to empowerment; that true global change can only occur on the back of individual transformations borne out of hard work, determination and a commitment to justice.
I am passionate about changing perceptions and building bridges between different communities. I believe that the development of a collective social conscience begins when we learn to understand and appreciate each other. Thanks to globalisation, we now live in a world of unprecedented interconnectedness.
Tolerance, cross-cultural understanding and an appreciation for the many wild, wacky and wonderful cultures that make up the nations of the earth are the hallmarks of an era that has flawlessly fused technology with society’s thirst for more. Gen Y are at the vanguard of this new Golden Age, using social networks and to break all conventional barriers in the search for new experiences, ideas and social mores. The concept of global citizenship has never before been so pertinent to our lives and drives our desire to seek political, social and environmental justice in all corners of the globe, regardless of where we come from.
Specialties: finding solutions to problems worth solving with people brilliant enough to make it happen. I facilitate both corporate and start-up hackathons and love mentoring early stage start-ups pro bono. I love giving talks to inspire people to think bigger, make decisions faster and realise what they’re truly capable of.
Head of Direct to Consumer – Europe
April 2018 – Present
London, United Kingdom
- Leading the development of global operating model to create internal direct to consumer ecommerce startup through brand websites across European markets
- Developing digital optimisation culture, strategic partners and technology stack to drive ROI.
- Leading data acquisition and KPIs matrix to drive customer acquisition and retention strategies for rapid growth.
- Increasing direct and brand reach through creative, and innovative marketing campaigns and media plans utilising a data and analytical-driven optimisation program.
- Leading CRM strategy incorporating Social Media/Mobile channel and product development.
- Commercial lead in developing RB’s single view of the customer with inputs from media, ecommerce & eCRM, and external data streams.
Leading 10+ man team across cross functional d2c operation:
- Online Marketing/customer acquisition – PPC, Affiliates, Display, Social, SEO, Google shopping
- CRM, Retention, Campaign planning
- CRO,UX/CX, creative design, content and publishing
- Business Intelligence and Customer Insights – web analytics, research, data mining
- Brand strategy, PR & Outreach
- Customer Services and operations management.
July 2015 – Present
San Francisco Bay Area
StartupBus is a global community accelerator in the form of a hyper competitive 3 day business hackathon event. We have a global member base of over 1,500 passionate and devoted hipsters (designers), hackers (coders) and hustlers (networkers).
I led the 2015 Australian competition as the “Conductor” of the bus, which involved organising, mentoring and gaining sponsorship for the event.
Global Business Manager – eCommerce
November 2016 – March 2018
Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
Led development of direct to consumer platforms as part of the eBusiness team.
Global Digital Sales Manager
January 2016 – November 2016
London, United Kingdom
- Part of the Global Sales Strategy function (internal management consultancy), was responsible for developing global ecommerce strategy and implementation plan across top 30 markets in all online channels (marketplaces, pureplayers, Amazon & Direct to Consumer).
- Coordinating roll out of D2C ecommerce websites across lead markets across North America, Europe and Australia.
- Setting cross functional go to market & operational model for strategic brands.
E commerce Manager
July 2014 – Present
As ecommerce Manager Australia – I have full accountability for developing the strategic plan for e-tailing / e-Commerce and digital shopper marketing strategies within RB Australia
Founder & CEO
August 2014 – July 2015
Mastermind behind SpexyMe.com – a tech start up that makes fully customisable 3D printed spectacles fitted to the face using augmented reality.
One Young World
September 2011 – August 2016
One Young World is the premier global forum for young people of leadership caliber. Rooted in the reality of common humanity and the shared existence of all peoples, OYW aims to connect and bring together the youngest, brightest, and best to ensure that their concerns, opinions and solutions are heard.
The 2010 Inaugural Summit drew 823 young leaders from 112 countries. Plenary sessions focused on key resolutions based upon the world’s most pressing issues: environment, global health, media, leadership, interfaith dialogue, and global business. Counsellors such as Kofi Annan, Bob Geldof, Muhammad Yunus, Desmond Tutu, President Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and Wyclef Jean facilitated debate and dialogue between delegates and a global audience.
September 2011 – August 2014 (3 years)
Founded a Tech Start Up that develops economic opportunities for those most in need through the use of mobile computing technologies.
National Account Manager – Woolworths Health & Personal Care
January 2013 – July 2014
National Account Manager – Big W
July 2012 – January 2013
Managed business relationships with key wholesale customers; Sigma, Symbion & API
National Operations Analyst
January 2010 – October 2010
Sydney Area, Australia
Territory Manager – Pharmacy
September 2008 – January 2010
- University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing • (2006 – 2009)
- Sydney Technical High School • (2000 – 2005)
- Public Speaking
- Business Process
- Contract Negotiation
- English (Native or Bilingual)
- Bengali (Native or Bilingual)
- Hindi (Elementary)
- Arabic (Elementary)
- 2014 – Busprenuer – StartupBus Pacific
- 2012 – Represented Australia at the One Young World Summit, Pittsburgh
- Best Content Marketing Campaign – 2017