Had the pleasure of answering the below questions from the CPG Guys, full podcast link below.
1) Imteaz, would you walk us through your career progression at Reckitt from territory sales to your role today in performance marketing and highlight some of the pivotal points where you saw transformation starting to accelerate in the omnichannel world?
2) You mentioned that you were an early pioneer in the area of eCommerce, starting back in Australia 8 years ago. You probably have some strong opinions on how consumer goods organizations need to prepare themselves for this digital transformation. What are some of the key enablers you think companies should be leveraging to successfully accelerate this transformation?
3) On the CPG Guys, we have often said the DTC is a non-negotiable imperative fore scaled consumer brands. What are your thoughts on this and what were the capabilities that you needed to have in place to execute a successful DTC strategy?
4) How did you set about establishing digital marketing & workflow automation for DTC? And how did you go about recruiting talent for the BU? Was it in-house, outside, agency? What are the building blocks here?
5) In your new role in omnichannel performance marketing you seek to drive holistic success for infant nutrition. How do you align measurement principles in brick & mortar vs. eCommerce? What are your core operating principles in this respect?
6) Retail Media has become a considerable component of the marketing mix for consumer goods companies looking to win search. Is this a centralized activity at Reckitt or do the trade teams lead this charge? What are the guiding principles you use is investing against retail media?
7) 1st party data can enable a deeper relationship with your consumers. How does 1P data play into your performance marketing efforts at Reckitt and are you sourcing it from beyond your DTC channel?
8) Are there any emerging trends in digital & eCommerce beyond what we have discussed today that are of particular interest to you and that you recommend our audience follow? What intrigues you about them?